Friday 30 October 2009

You’ll Get There

German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer believed that truth passed through three stages.

At first it is ridiculed.

Secondly, it’s violently opposed.

And then finally it is accepted as self-evident.

Sometimes, when I write this blog, it occurs to me that I’m reiterating things we already know; truths that we’ve already accepted as immutable.

I see that as a good thing, as Julian Pullan (you all know who he is by now) says “if we could only remember all the things we know we'd be brilliant everyday”

So back to Arthur, sometimes, we’ll find ourselves in the first camp.

When we see things that no-one else can see.

Just remember that, although it may initially feel like a battle to get those ideas accepted, before too long your discoveries will become common wisdom.

To me that’s a great win.