Friday 9 October 2009

Guess Who’s Pitching This Morning?

I don’t mind admitting that I have a fondness for sequels.
Bigger, better... more.

Seriously, what’s not to love?
This post is a sequel of sorts.
I wrote back in August about the Haka, and I suggested finding one that works for you before you go into your next pitch.

So here’s mine, and funnily enough, it’s taken from a sequel
(The Matrix Reloaded).
When I first heard this I thought it would make a great pre-pitch speech, then forgot all about it for a while. .
Obviously, it’s modified slightly for Jack Morton and personal relevance – it’s been a while since I waged war on our mechanical overlords.
(to be delivered in the style of Lawrence Fishburne's Morpheus)
I stand here before you now truly unafraid!

Why?
Because I believe something you do not?
No!
I stand here without fear because I remember.
I remember that I am here not because of the path that lay before me, but because of the path that lies behind me!
I remember that for 70 years we have pitched and won.
I remember that for 70 years they have sent agencies to beat us.
We are still here!
Today let us send a message.
Let us raise the roof
Let us tremble these walls of earth, steel and stone!

Today let us make them remember that Jack Morton is here.
Let's go get 'em!