Monday 15 June 2009

It’s A Small World After All

Greetings from ridiculously hot Dubai, where the hotels are so luxuriously appointed that they had to invent a new star system for rating them.
I’m here for a pitch and had a great meeting yesterday with some really engaged and interesting potential clients.
At one point, one of them asked me what I knew about the Middle East.
Now, I like those kinds of questions, because an honest answer is usually the right one.
I told them that I’d worked all over the world, in Japan, Turkey and Russia, Hong Kong (and Dubai) to name just a few. And sure, there are cultural nuances and political considerations to be aware of. But we all laugh and cry at roughly the same things, we generally all work hard and love our children.

We all have a need to connect and share with the world around us.
As my colleague Adrian said, “People make the world smaller, not bigger.”
Every time we create a new experience, whether it’s real or virtual, we’re doing our bit to make the world that little bit smaller.

Speaking of virtual experiences, if you’d like to know more, check out the latest Jack Morton white paper on the subject here