Friday 1 May 2009

Fully Booked

My friend Shaz Smilansky had her first book published recently.
I was pretty excited for her, not least because she asked me to contribute to bits of it and even featured my quote on the back cover.
Actually though, my main reaction was one of awe – for anyone who has the talent, tenacity and determination to sit down and write a book.
Already the reviews on Amazon are calling it an ‘industry bible’ – no small complement. These glowing responses are no doubt picking up on the fact that it’s the first time anyone has attempted to compile a comprehensive A-Z of our complicated and often misunderstood industry.

Hard work deserves reward, so I’m quite happy to shamelessly plug Shaz’s book by using that age-old critics’ staple.
If you only buy one book about experiential marketing this year, make sure it’s Experiential Marketing: A Practical Guide to Interactive Brand Experiences.