Tuesday 26 May 2009

A Life Well Lived

We’ve just had a long weekend here in the UK one I particularly enjoyed and it got me thinking.
Jorge Luis Borges wrote a wonderful poem called Instantes (translated as ‘Moments’).
In it, he asks what he would do if he were given the opportunity to live his life again.

He talks about making more mistakes, running more risks, seeing more sunsets and eating more ice cream.
Now, at the risk of sounding like a cut-down version of CliffsNotes, I love this poem because it’s about having more fun, before it’s too late.
I know it’s something I often talk about, but the moral of the story is that, our business accomplishments are unlikely to be the thing that we’ll be remembered for.
I’m with Jorge, so watch for me taking more turns on the merry-go-round and contemplating more sunsets.