Friday 22 May 2009

They Also Serve

It’s tough out there on the front line, fighting the good fight and bringing home the business. But never forget the people who work just as hard out of the spotlight.
From the receptionist who notices you’ve got guests arriving shortly and asks for details so they can greet them in the right way, to the assistant who keeps you looking professional, they all make us look great.

I think of this whenever I see my son Fox on stage in Billy Elliott (I get points every time I mention the show). He’s up there, front and centre taking his bow.

What about all the people in the company that work behind the scenes, the show wouldn't work without them, they need to know that the applause is for them too.

Not everyone has a client facing role, but they all have a client-servicing role.

I know I don't say thank you enough, so Cat this one's for you I couldn't do it without you
All of you out there remember to give them a hug – just don’t linger, it looks inappropriate.