Thursday 10 December 2009

Somebody To Love

OK, I need to caveat this post by saying that I know I'm not perfect (in so many ways!).

But on the whole, I love people.

And I love selling.

Because the two tend to go hand-in-hand.

Being good at sales is about showing empathy, and understanding what people want and need.

Getting to grips with the issues and concerns that they’re facing.

It’s not rocket science, but then again, that’s why I’m not a rocket scientist.
When it comes to clients and colleagues,

I try to find a way of silencing the less appealing sides of my personality.

I focus my energies on caring about the other person.

You need to love the people you work with, and for.

If you moan about it, it’s not going to work, for you or them.

Love means putting the other person first.

And never having to say you’re sorry.