Wednesday 23 December 2009

Now I’m Not One To Complain...

No, seriously.
That’s not the lead-in to a joke.
I’m not a complainer.
But there are a lot of people out there who are.
When the business is quiet, they complain that it’s all doom and gloom.
The sky is falling so buy a big hat.
Then things get better and business picks up.
Suddenly, we’re too busy, there’s too much pressure and we’re going to have to turn work down.
And when we finally get the balance right, people complain that they’re bored.
They’re actually moaning about the fact that there’s nothing to moan about.
I was watching Jerry Maguire on TV the other night and noticed a poster on the wall of the Arizona Cardinals’ locker room.
It said “A positive anything is better than a negative nothing.”
I struggled to define its meaning but now I get it
Stop moaning.