Wednesday 29 April 2009

Turn On. Tune In. Blog Out.

Waking up this morning the radio is full of our friends in the US analysing President Obama’s first 100 days in office.
It seems that the legacy of any new president can be determined by their effectiveness in those first three months.
Weirdly, it also happens to be about 100 days since I first made the decision to keep a blog. So what better time to reflect back and look at what, if anything has changed?
Actually, quite a lot has changed.

For a start, I’ve never felt more focused or motivated. Robin Fielder of LDL (I’ve mentioned him before) says that we keep up to 30% discretionary effort in reserve, only to be used at times of high motivation.
This blog has been the best way of applying that extra energy and it’s turned into something with a life of its own.
It’s renewed my ambition, sharpened my skills and made me hungrier than ever.

I feel it has also helped make me a more rounded person and brought me some great speaking engagements.
It hasn’t made my hair grow but hey, you can’t have everything.
I’m not suggesting that it’s the answer for everyone, but I’ve found it a great way to consolidate my view of the world.
So thank you for reading I really do appreciate it.