Friday 14 May 2010

I’m Not Feeling Very Social

OK, so we all accept that the media landscape has changed.
Our world has moved on and people’s media consumption habits are rapidly evolving.
We have two choices – stick our heads in the sand or run to catch up.
So it’s a shame that we hear “I don’t do Twitter” or “I’m not even on facebook” so often.
They’re your personal choices, and that’s fine.
It’s no different to “I don’t like Italian food” or “I don’t go to clubs anymore”.
And it’s just as irrelevant.
If your consumers are on facebook, you need to be right there with them.
If they’re tweeting, you need to be listening to them.
The next major breakthrough is always just around the corner.
But if you spend your life holding back, waiting for the next big thing to arrive, you’ll miss all the others here and now.