Thursday 6 May 2010

Dragon’s Den – Surrender.

Everyone knows I’m a big fan of collaboration.

I’ve talked about the theory, the practice and the mindset needed to make it work.

The more I hear from clients, the more I’m convinced that I’m on the right track.

They’re looking for multi-platform, media-neutral solutions.

And whether you like it or not, that means more multi-agency projects.

They want big ideas, and they probably don’t care about whose name is stitched into the lining of it.

It isn’t a competition, and there’s no prize for saying “that was my idea”.

That’s because there’s only one immutable truth about collaborative projects – they lead to better solutions for the client.

Sure, you might lose a little revenue to one of the other teams, but the results you deliver for your client will be that much greater.

The audience doesn’t give a hoot about where the idea came from either.

So why does it matter so much to you?