Monday 24 May 2010

Bye Bye Birdie

This weekend I was taking refuge from the unrelenting sunshine and decided to watch the PGA Championship from Wentworth.
Second only to the Open, it’s the biggest competition in British golf.
Although I’m always happy to watch the golf,

I have to admit that I found this weekend’s match a little lacklustre.
Simon Khan ended up as the champion, pocketing over £600,000 for his efforts.
But if I’m honest, he didn’t really feel like a winner.
He was just the least bad loser.
The fact is, all the other players just lost more.
They each had plenty of opportunities to storm into the lead, but they made mistakes and lost out.
Sometimes, business goes the same way.
In other words, you don’t always need to win to be victorious.
Maybe it’s just a case of hanging on after everyone else has let go.
Don’t worry if a pitch feels like it didn’t go the way you planned.
Chances are, the other guys did even worse.