Friday 26 February 2010

Work Smarter- Not Harder

We’ve all heard it

I’m not sure I’ve ever really understood it

Until now.

I wanna tell you a story

First a confession

My name is Kevin and I’m a coffee drinker

(Ok your bit – “Hello Kevin welcome”)

I’m now up to three espressos a day.

Thankfully, when I’m out and about, there are plenty of coffee shops dying to help me manage my habit.

Best of all, they’ve started introducing loyalty cards.

You know the drill – save up the stamps and have a coffee on us.

I got one the other day – gather eight stamps and your next coffee is free.

They’d even stamped the first circle for me.

Then I went to another place which had its own loyalty card.

Theirs had ten little circles on it.

But they stamped three of them with my first purchase to get me up and running.

So then I had two cards, both with seven little circles to fill.

Guess which one I felt better about...

That’s the value of a smart piece of thinking.

If you always go back to the emotion and experience,

you’ll come up world-beating ideas every time.

Gotta go – orange mocha frappuchino calling