Monday 1 February 2010

One Hundred And Eighteeeeee

That’s a great score in darts

It’s also a good number if you are my son Fox

That’s the number of shows he has clocked up performing the part of Billy Elliott in Billy Elliott The Musical

(Tickets here)

As I sat in the audience on Saturday I took the opportunity to look at a couple of things that I haven’t looked at before.

First, the audience and their reactions, I was, again, reminded of the absolute power of live communication.

Everyone with their own slightly different personal version of the show but with the power of the group dynamic to ensure that everyone arrives at the same place – standing on their feet cheering.

There is no more powerful form of communication.

Second, how hard you have to work to make things look easy.

I was sitting in a very odd place (don’t ask) and could, at times, see under the stage, back stage and into the wings and to see the effort going into the show, not only by the cast but the crew and the front of house too, and yes I know it’s probably the worst of all bad clichés but it really was a “there is no I in team” moment.

Must go, have an idea to run up a flagpole and see who salutes it.....