Friday 24 July 2009

Slow Food

When I go out to dinner for a quick bite (which is pretty often given my line of work), I have only one criterion for selecting a restaurant.
I want somewhere busy.
Things move pretty quickly in this fast-paced world of ours, but not in a quiet restaurant.
If it’s quiet, it takes time to for them to get going, to get up to speed.
They’re not busy, so there’s no sense of urgency and no energy.

Consequently it takes forever to get served
Who wants to eat in a place like that?
So although it sounds like back-to-front thinking, if I need someone to do a great job, I pick the busiest person.

They’re busy because word’s gotten out about how good they are.
And since they obviously thrive under pressure, they can take on numerous challenges at once without ever letting the quality suffer.
They’ll get the job done, and quick.
My recommendation?
Try the lamb - it’s delicious.