Thursday 30 July 2009

Morphic Resonance

There comes a point in most relationships when you start completing the other person’s thoughts.
And when you try to call them you find the line’s engaged because, surprise surprise, they’re trying to call you at the exact same moment.
Spooky isn’t it?
Think you’re a little psychic don’t you?
Well, I’m sorry to burst your bubble, but there’s nothing mysterious about it at all.
It’s called morphic resonance, and it’s something I’ve been talking about for a couple of decades now.
We live in an ideas-driven world, and there are only so many original thoughts out there.
So it stands to reason that at times, two (or more) people might have the same idea at the same time.
The zeitgeist determines what’s front-of-mind at any one time, so it’s easy to understand how the same thought might occur in more than one place.
But morphic resonance doesn’t scare me.
It inspires me to take the leap.
Share my ideas.
Make it happen.
Because if I don’t, you can bet that someone else with a similar idea will.
And then I’ll just be the guy who always says “I thought of that first.”
Live in the moment and get on with it.
As my old friend Robin Fielder has urged for 25 years DO IT NOW!