Thursday 3 March 2011

A Lifetime's Work

Greetings from my garden.
As I sit here surrounded by herbaceous borders, I'm realising how much I've let things slide over the last few years.
As a consequence, I'm finding that my time is being spent doing all the things I normally don't get the chance to focus on.
Getting the kids off to school.
Making everyone's packed lunches.
Helping out with homework.
And it's all been surprisingly rewarding.
I'm reminded of an old Japanese saying, that the man who spends his life contemplating the perfect cherry blossom will not have lived his life in vain.
My take-out from this, is that if you dedicate yourself to every task, no matter how mundane it may seem, you will be rewarded.
It's that age-old mantra - the more you put in, the more you'll get out.
And it really does work.
Try it for the rest of the week and see what happens.
And if you need any cuttings, just let me know.