Monday 25 October 2010

Nothing To Worry About

Well, it’s finally time to hang up my nomad hat for a few weeks and enjoy being back on terra firma. After a couple of weeks of travelling it’s nice to be back in one place for a while.
Having said that, I wouldn’t have missed last week’s speaking engagement for the world.
I was invited to present at the third African Experiential Marketing Summit.
I didn’t know quite what to expect, but am happy to report that it was an amazing event.
So my thanks go to David, Carol and Latifa, from Exp
As well as the real star of the show, Dan Hanover publisher of Event Marketer.
"Love Dan – Hug Dan"
I hadn’t originally planned to attend, but I was standing in for the amazing Liz Bigham.
You know me, I love any opportunity to get up on stage and share the Jack Morton viewpoint on the world.
It’s also a great way to help grow the business with new clients and prospects.
But it’s not just about us.
Events like this are the best way to take the pulse of our industry.
See what’s out there, and hear what other businesses are achieving.
You get a real sense for just how great our industry is becoming.
And it opens your eyes to new possibilities and fresh perspectives.
As a bonus, you also get the chance to meet a bunch of genuinely inspiring people.
In talking about the opportunities they’ve encountered and the roles they fulfil, you’re reminded that anything is possible.
No problem is insurmountable.
As they say in that part of the world, “hakuna matata”.