Friday 1 October 2010

Hands Up For Ryder Cup

For those that don’t know, I’m a massive golf fan.
This weekend marks the biennial match between Europe and the USA.
Sitting watching the opening shots this morning, I myself feeling a little torn.
I work for an American company.
I’ve spent time with our guys in the States this year and I ...I ...love them.
So where is my fervour, my passion, for cheering on the home team?
I glad to say it’s still there.
There is nothing wrong with a little healthy competition.
After all, we live in a competitive environment.
Pitching and winning means someone has to win.
And someone else is going to lose.
But that doesn’t mean that you have to automatically hate the other team.
You just want to win.
To test yourself against a worthy opponent.
If you want to be the best, you have to compete.
So don’t be a hater.
Be a participator.
Come on Europe!