Wednesday 8 September 2010

How Does Seth Do It?

For those avid readers out there, you know I've been writing this blog for almost eighteen months now.
Trying to make sure I post everyday is tough.
I've blogged from Turkey, Dubai, the US, and even my sick bed.
But despite what I consider to be an Olympian effort, when weighed against the considerable output of someone like Seth Godin, I feel very much like an also-ran.
He writes every day, without fail. Sometimes twice.
I guess I'm a little short.
That's a height joke for those of you who know me.
Occasionally I miss my own deadline.
Too many plates spinning means that occasionally something's going to drop.
And it's usually the blog.
But as Julian, my MD, said in his great C&IT column this month, available at all good news-stands, this is our busiest time of year .
Briefs are arriving, clients are asking for meetings (rather than being enticed into the room with a trail of M&Ms), and I've got three speaking engagements between now and Christmas.
Barcelona, Kenya and South Africa - in case you were wondering.
On Monday, we helped the Evening Standard with an event attended by Lord Coe and The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson.
In his enthusiastic and energetic style the Mayor urged us all to get out there and make things happen now.
He was, of course, referring to London 2012,but it's true of everything.
If you want something to happen, you have to get out there and make it happen.
No-one else is going to do it for you.