Thursday 27 August 2009

Hunting The Big Beasts #4

Regular readers will know I like to doff my virtual cap at some of the big players in our business.
This is the first time I’ve looked outside of Jack Morton.
This time I’d like to look at a key figure in one of our IPG sister agencies.

Bob Heussner, Senior Vice President of Games Marketing for Octagon.
In the eight or so months that I’ve been working with Bob I’ve been blown away by his cool, considered and gracious approach that somehow elevates all those around him.
With a unique ability to understand client needs and find innovative ways to satisfy them.

Bob is charmingly non-confrontational in the way he develops ever-evolving and mutually beneficial relationships.
More importantly, I look at Bob as something of an unofficial mentor.
And the funny thing is, I’m not alone.
Every time I meet people in other IPG agencies and Bob’s name comes up, I keep hearing how other people look at Bob as a mentor figure.
It’s because he somehow manages to keep doing his thing brilliantly, whilst still finding the time and energy to show new ways to those around him.
So I’d like to say thanks to Bob, on behalf all of the people who consider him a mentor.

Even those who haven’t realised it yet.