Thursday 26 August 2010

We're Gonna Have A Celebration!

Maybe it's a legacy of my trip to the US.
But I can't help feeling like a cheerleader.
Give me a set of pom-poms and I'll show you a star-jump.
There's something infectious about their celebratory energy.
They relish every moment of success, and cheer on a million more.
There's logic in that.
Ask yourself, what do you want your business to achieve?
Where do you want your career to go?
What do you want to accomplish out of life?
More importantly, how are you doing with your goals?
We're all too busy hiding our light under a bushel.
Not you Ian.
We forget the wisdom of the great Tom Peters who says "Celebrate what
you want to see more of."
It's simple, inarguable logic.
If you want people to make more sales calls, try celebrating the guys
who are already doing it.
If you want more awards, celebrate every win that comes your way.
If you want to make gains in a particular industry, celebrate the
stuff you already know.
Every time you celebrate, you'll reinforce the behaviours that count.
Now, give me a 'K'. Give me an 'E'. Give me a... oh, you get the point.