Tuesday 18 October 2011

Life is a team game.......

Isn’t it funny how we change with time?
When I look back at the callow youth I once was Oh come on I was ...once) , I remember how important it was that I never show any sign of weakness. I was hungry, ambitious, and to be honest, a little naïve.

I saw teamwork as a cop-out, for people who couldn’t handle responsibility on their own. So I’d take whatever role was given to me, and I’d struggle away.
If anyone asked how I was doing my answer was always “Fine, thanks.” But it wasn’t always true. And although I’d usually get the job done, it wasn’t always done well.
Nowadays, it’s all very different.
I love teamwork.
There’s the social interaction for one thing.
And there’s the joy in pooling a bunch of diverse resources into the creation of something truly exceptional.
Now I’m a lot more confident in what I bring to the team, and I recognise that that’s enough.
So when it comes to team working, make sure that you pick people whose strengths are your weaknesses.
Because between you, you’ll be unbeatable
.