Wednesday 19 October 2011

Eat the frog....

I was looking over some posts to the blog I made a while back
And apart from marvelling at the fact that tempus really does fugit
I thought some of them really do stand a little retelling
The issues are still the issues.
The concept of squeezing a quart of work into the pint point of time is ever present.
So how good are you at managing your time?
Ok don't want your stock answer.
I'm looking for the truth.
(I can handle the truth)
The fact is, we all have a habit of leaving the crappy jobs ‘til last.
Which means that all the job we are not looking forward to hangs over us like a storm cloud, we put it off and put it off, extend our deadline, move it down the to do list.
It then starts affecting our attitude, our mood and everything else we do, it casts a shadow over the rest of our day, our week.
If you haven’t already read it, I highly recommend Eat That Frog! By Brian Tracy.
In it, he explores the positive benefits of tackling the least appealing task that faces you that day first.
If you get the worst thing you have to do done first then everything else, is positive.
Please note that I’ve even embedded the link directly to Amazon in this post, so you procrastinators have even less of an excuse.