Wednesday 6 July 2011

Shine Like A Star

Sometimes, even I struggle to get out of bed.
Maybe it's been a long week.
Or I'm still feeling the effects of a late night.
Either way, I find myself thinking how nice it would be to just lay back and stay in bed.
But I never do.
Because the one thing I enjoy more than sleeping is coming to work.
It's true.
And if you can't say the same, you're doing something wrong.
Think about it.
We spend more time at work than we do anywhere else.
We see more of our colleagues than we do our family and loved ones.
Work has to be fun.
It has to be a laugh.
And if you enjoy yourself, chances are your workmates will too.
Same goes for your clients.
My friend Chris Barez Brown releases his new book today.
It's called How To Shine At Work.
The website's here: www.howtoshineatwork.com
In it, he teaches you how to be Bono...Or Elvis.
The entertainer with the power to lead.
As.Chris says start reading novels instead of The Economist.
Slope off for a nap if you need some inspiration.
And if your boss has a problem, tell them to take it up with me.
Actually, on second thoughts, give them Chris's number.