Monday 11 April 2011

Pitching And Moaning

Time certainly flies when you're the new boy. Only a couple of weeks in, and already we've had a bunch of pitches go out the door. If anything, that pace has helped me settle in pretty quickly. Like I always say, new business enables you to feel part of a new agency in no time at all. There's no extensive client history to worry about. No time spent scouring the business for existing knowledge. It's new for everyone - we're all in the same boat. Ultimately, it's a great acid test for determining whether or not you've made the right choice in moving. And I have. Watching my new boss, Kim Myhre, on his feet the other day was amazing. I try not to overuse the word 'inspirational' but in this case, there's no other synonym that would suit. On top of that, I got to see the whole team pulling together to develop our solutions. It was impressive. I think we're going to achieve some great things together. I know I harp on about teamwork. The importance of that key moment when things are buzzing, ideas are forming, and the only agenda anyone has is to do great work. That takes an investment of time by everyone to spend time together. And it requires leaders who recognise the importance of their own role in the process. So everything happens the right way. Yeah, I'm gonna like it here...