Monday 21 February 2011

Broken Records

Stop me if you've heard this before.
Actually, don't, because I know I've been saying the same thing for four
years.
Ever since I first joined Jack Morton, I've been talking about the power of
doing, rather then telling.
For a former ad agency guy like me, it was initially a bit of stretch.
But as I parent, I guess I've always understood the power of kept promises.
I realised that you can make all kinds of promises.
But until anyone sees the quality of your work, it's just a lot of hot air.
It's true of brands.
And it's true of people.
The gift of the gab might be useful for a little while.
(Come on, I work in sales - what did you expect?)
But ultimately, it's a red herring.
It's the gift of delivery that they'll remember you for.
Time to roll up those sleeves and change your tune.
You've got some promises to keep.