Friday 27 February 2009

the first one and why?

Depth Perception

A short note on why.
Most people’s eyes aren’t perfectly matched. One’s usually stronger than the other. In my case, one’s OK and the other’s almost completely useless.
Apart from the fact that I spend half my life squinting at the people around me (for all those people who think I’ve ignored them you have the reason) this poor eyesight of mine causes another problem. I have zero depth perception.
Most people can make snap judgements about the things they see. I have to think around the subject, screw my eyes up and look again, and try to figure out how near or far away it is.
And that’s really what this blog is about. Taking a different view of the subjects we encounter day-to-day through my eyes. Looking at trends and patterns to see if they’re as close as they seem, or further than we thought.