Monday 1 August 2011

Why Wait Till The End?

As I said on Thursday, we’ve been pitching a lot lately.
And I’m happy to say we’ve had a pretty successful run.
That’s mean quite a few late nights.
As well as plenty of early mornings.
Whatever it takes to get stuff out the door.
I guess old habits die hard.
But I’ve never understood that agency mentality of taking it down to the wire.
Leaving it to the very last minute.
I’m sure some people work best under pressure.
Unfortunately, that’s also how mistakes get made.
Things get overlooked in the last minute panic.
Like any successful product launch, the pressure needs to be applied at the front end.
Otherwise, you run the risk of making your pitch look like a 12 year-old’s homework.
“Sorry if my report looks sloppy, but the bus kept going over speed bumps.”
Not very impressive.
You might be able to rationalize it, but your client can spot the warning signs.
Well managed time, means a well managed project.
And that’s something every client wants to see.