Wednesday 18 May 2011

Are You Having Fun Yet?

I'm a firm believer in the "work should be fun" philosophy
Of course we can't be rolling around the floor all day long
But there are times when it's more than just appropriate to have a laugh.
Sometimes it's downright essential.
Take the last few weeks for me.
Getting to grips with a new life at George P Johnson has been a challenge.
It's an awesome company filled with exceptional people.
And I was like the guy waiting for his go at "double dutch" trying to get the pace right.
When you go for it, jump in, join in and connect, it starts to be fun.
The thing that we do, experience marketing, is all about brands connecting with audiences on a meta level.
An emotional level.
Once you can do that, you have relationships that will last.
Now I just need to get them to start laughing at my jokes.